Buying a Home
As you begin to think about buying a home in the Orlando area, you’re probably acutely aware that this is likely to be one of your greatest investments ever, and you might be wondering if there’s anything you really need to know as you go into the home buying process. This is where we come in. With the help of a trained, professional agent, you can come out on top of a closing that might otherwise have pushed your retirement ahead a decade! This happens all the time to buyers, who are left reflecting on the relatively small commission that would have brought a Realtor into the bargain to help them and most buyers don’t even know that the sellers are responsible for the commission.
Home buying process breakdown:
- Start researching. The beginning of the home buying process starts with looking at what is available and make a note of the areas you’re interested in. How long are homes you’re interested in on the market? This gives you a good idea of what is happening in the real estate market and helps us find value for our clients.
- Get pre-approved. Find a Orlando area mortgage lender and figure out how much you can afford and how much you’re willing to spend on a home. Lenders generally recommend that people look for homes that cost no more than three to five times their annual household income if the home buyers plan to make a 20% down payment and have a moderate amount of other debt. Even if you don’t have 20% down, you can still qualify for a mortgage.
- Start the search. Here’s what we can do for you.
- Search for your home and make an offer. Once you find the home you like, we prepare the contract and submit it to the seller. One it’s approved by the seller’s, the ball starts rolling quickly. In a normal sale, we will have 30-45 days until closing.
- Get a home inspection
- Choose your loan with your mortgage lender
- Order appraisal
- Coordinate the paperwork with the title company
- Receive the Closing Disclosure Form
- Close on your new home. Congratulations! You are now a homeowner.
The home buying process may seem overwhelming, but that’s why we are here. We will guide you through every step of the way and make the home buying process as smooth as possible so you can enjoy your Orlando house hunt.
See What our Past Clients Have Said
” I purchased a house with Jenelle as my realtor in 2014. It was the first house buying experience that I have had and she made it seamless. She was quick to answer questions, knowledgeable about every detail and her experience, expertise and professionalism made the process a success. I recommend her to everyone who needs a realtor.” -Shannon Google Plus