History of Avalon Park, FL
Established around the turn of the century, this 1,860 acre new urban neighborhood located in unincorporated southeast Orange County is set amid wetlands and upland preserve and surroundings along the Econlockhatchee River. Like Baldwin Park, Avalon Park is one of several new urban real estate communities in Central Florida designed with a cluster of villages and their own downtown area. Located off Alafaya Trail south of Highway 50, Avalon Park real estate is a traditional-style neighborhood where all residential properties are within easy walking distance of the town center.
Approximately 46,800, Avalon Park has grown by nearly 17,161 just since 2010, and that’s an increase from 5,600 in 2000.
32828 – Search for Avalon Park real estate.
Median household income for 2015 is approximately $76,524, up from $73,304 in 2010 and 58,779 in 2000.
Avalon Park has kid-friendly park
In March, 2015, a Milwaukee-based physician’s trust purchased the Keith A. Ewing Medical Center, a three story complex.
- Nature – Ample Wetlands and Upland Preserve acreage beside the Econlockhatchee River. Two hundred fifty acres of man-made lakes, close to Florida’s state parks, and not far from Black Hammock. Walking and biking trails. Half hour from east coast beaches
- Community – Each of Avalon Park’s villages have their own pool with cabana. There is Avalon Park Baseball and a dog run at Tanja King Park, with picnic area, splash pools and basketball.
- 5K Races – Bunny Run, Firecracker 5K, Turkey Trot and Reindeer Run planned for 2016.
- Pet Services – Avalon Park Pet Watch Lost and Found, Pampered Pooches Pet Services, Groom Grub and Belly Rub, Tiki Tails, All 4 Pets, Avalon Pet Clinic
- Schools – Avalon Elementary, Stone Lakes Elementary, Avalon Middle School, zoned for Timber Creek High School and Avalon Tech Center. Ten miles from the University of Central Florida
- Entertainment – Within an hour of Disney World at 31 miles, Universal Studios 26 miles, and International Drive attractions and outlets.
Major City Events
- Absolutely Avalon in the Spring
- 12th Annual July 4th Celebration in 2016 – Fireworks, Apple Pie Bake Off, Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Avalon Aglow in the Winter
- Movie Under the Stars – Free to residents, bring your own chair or blanket for monthly movies beginning in September each year. Closed during the rainy summer months, movies start at dark o’clock with local vendors the rest of the year.
- Annual Gala – Themed Charity Event November
- Annual Chili Cook Off
Avalon Park real estate is made up single-family homes, condos and townhouses. With over 500,000 square feet planned for commercial use in a high-traffic area, and its close proximity to University of Central Florida and Central Florida Research Park, Downtown Avalon Park could be the perfect location to start your own business or relocate your home office. A knowledgeable, experienced Avalon Park real estate agent is standing by to assist you in locating just the right home or real estate to build your dream Avalon Park home or company.